Converting from 2011.1.545 to 2011.2.553

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 11.2.0553
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

I converted our applications to the new actipro version.

We used office2010silver

The new mdi/dock style removed the silver lines around our documentwindow (you now look through it to the background).

This is a disaster in our GUI look. we want the old border feel and look.

Is there a other style we can use???

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Arthur,

For 2011.2, we went with a more modern UI look for Docking that resembles VS 2010.  The intention there is that you have more of a dark background in general so that your content shows up to the user better.

That being said, there are a couple options to you.  You could just put a border in your content for each window if you want a border.  Without a screenshot to see, it's hard to offer suggestions on how you could alter your look ot make it work nicely with the revised Docking themes.

Or alternatively there is a Themes sample in the Sample Browser showing alternative looks for Office blue, silver, and Aero that uses colors more like the older versions.  Perhaps you'd want to look at that and copy those.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Arthur Damen

"Without a screenshot to see, it's hard to offer suggestions"

That's a thing I wanted for a long time. Attach a picture to the message. That saves me time to write down what i mean, and second you guys see it right away, in stead of guess what we mean...

The Office silver blue should have been marked VisualStudio<somewhat>, but not office. The office products look bright silverstyle, not dark blue-ish.

Second the tab area <picture> when you select it get's a orange top,border line just like VS. This looks horrible in our product (that is not used by developers).

The tab header itself is now better than the old one. The close mark x in the tab itself is an improvement.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.