PrismIntegration

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 11.2.0554

Hi,

I am able to register the all the usercontrols in the regions as the toolwindow in my main application using PrismIntegra tion. But i am not able to dock the any of he toolwindow in the base docksite. Means my base docksite is not visible for any of the toolwindow. Code used is:

<docking:DockSite Grid.Row="0" x:Name="Main Region" AllowDrop="True" CanDocumentWindowsRaft="True" cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Staticsample:RegionNames.MainRegion}"></docking:DockSite>

<ContentControl Grid.Row="1" Name="MainRegion1" prism:RegionManager.RegionName="MainRegion1"HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"VerticalAlignment="Stretch"></ContentControl >

<docking:DockSite Grid.Row="2" x:Name="MainRegion2" AllowDrop="True" CanDocumentWindowsRaft="True" cal:RegionMa nager.Region Name="MainRegion2">
</docking:DockSite>

Means My above application shows that i am registering the three usercontrols in the three respective regions that are MainRegion,MainRegion1,MainRegion2. From using LinkToDocksite i can link any of the docksite. But i also want to dock any of the toowindow in the base docksite.

If i added the <Docksite></Docksite> as the parent docksite of the all three existing docksites then i am not able to register the usercontrols in the regions the error message is Not found Regions.

Means While Loading the user controls as the toolwindows in the regions in my main application for that my architecture should be look like below.

<docking:DockSite>

<docking:DockSite cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Staticsample:RegionNames.MainRegion}">

<docking:DockSite cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Staticsample:RegionNames.MainRegion1}">

<docking:DockSite cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Staticsample:RegionNames.MainRegion2}">

<docking:DockSite>

My application should load the usercontrols in the above regions.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

The linked DockSite feature does not work for windows that are created using MVVM (i.e. via DocumentItemsSource and ToolItemsSource), as this would require us to modify your view model's collection which is not something we can do.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal

Hi,

If we purchase the licence of the Actipro Software then will you provide the functionality of the Linking the ParentDocksite and the ChildDocksite

using PrismIntegration with Docking and MVVM as clearly asked above.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

Sorry but as mentioned above, it's not really possible in this case since we can't modify your view model's collection.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.