Transparency Rafting windows

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Ray
Version: 12.1.0562

I am trying to get the rafting window achieve a see-through transparency once they float. I have been fiddling with the background and transparency values of the containing elements of the ToolWindow to see if this can help to no avail. I am aware that creating a custom control and inheriting from an existing class can help. How do I go about this? How can I have the created custom control and class registered with their corresponding dock sites such that some form of see-through transparency can be achieved and also have the appropriate docksite aware of the new class and control.

Thanks for your response in advance.

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ray,

It might help if you can create a new simple sample project that shows what you are trying to achieve and how you are going about trying to do it with our Docking product.  Or a screenshot of your desired look, so that we can tell you if it will be possible.  If you do send over a ZIP file, please rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.

But in general, you'd probably need to retemplate our RaftingWindow control.  That is the root Window-based object that contains floating docking windows.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the screenshot.  You can probably remove the outer title bar and borders by updating the template of the RaftingWindow type.  By default it includes a WindowControl and within that, the content.  The WindowControl is the part that you are trying to eliminate.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.