Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can't able to get the intelligengence when we try to handle the event

say form.SizeChanged += <No intelligence>

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (8)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi,

Sorry but we don't provide automated IntelliPrompt for that scenario at this time.  I'll write down your feature request.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Kanha

:)

[Modified 12 years ago]

Posted 12 years ago by Anchit Porwal

So can you tell me is there any other way to achieve this functionality

You'd want to watch for space being typed after a += and in that scenario build up a member list of available types that inherit the EventHandler type that the event is.  The problem is that our WinForms version of the add-on doesn't have a nice way you can point at an offset and get a resolved type like our newer WPF/Silverlight versions do.  So there you wouldn't know what event type the SizeChanged event is.  

Similarly, our WPF/Silverlight versions have a nice object model where you could query all known types and look for event handler types but in WinForms, we have slightly more limited methods you can call on the DotNetProjectResolver and IProjectContent objects to get types/members.  

So to sum up, it would be a bit of work when doing it in the WPF/Silverlight versions of the add-on but should be possible there.  In the WinForms version, I'm not sure we expose enough information to allow you to write similar code and make this happen.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Anchit Porwal

Can you provide the sample code for winforms version to implement that

[Modified 12 years ago]

Hi Anchit,

I'm sorry but it's not a quick thing to write and if we had the sample code, we'd have it built into the product itself.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Lathoub

Hi

Any plans to have this feature as part of the product in the near future?

Thanks

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, can you specify which exact features you'd like to see?  Such as do you want to see something pop up that says press TAB to insert a method name and then after pressing Tab, another popup that says press TAB to code generate a new method handler?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.