Exception when setting IsEnabled on control via keyboard event

SyntaxEditor for Universal Windows Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Phillip Trelford
Version: 14.2.0152

When the user clicks on the run button on my app, I disable the editor by setting the SyntaxEditor's IsEnabed property to false.

I also want the user to be able to run a program via the F5 key, however when I disable the editor from this event I get an unhandled exception:

- Exception {"No installed components were detected. Cannot resolve TargetProperty Foreground on specified object."} System.Exception

at Windows.UI.Xaml.VisualStateManager.GoToState(Control control, String stateName, Boolean useTransitions)
at ActiproSoftware.UI.Xaml.Controls.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.UpdateVisualState()
at ActiproSoftware.UI.Xaml.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.RaiseHasFocusChangedEvent()
at ActiproSoftware.UI.Xaml.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.ProcessLostFocusWithin()
at ActiproSoftware.UI.Xaml.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.OnLostFocus(RoutedEventArgs e)

It appears that the SyntaxEditor control crashes if IsEnabled is set to true when the control has focus.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this? Or another way of achieving the same thing?

I've tried setting the focus to another control before I set the IsEnabled property, but this doesn't seem to work.

If I don't set IsEnabled to false via the keyboard control it works. If I set IsEnabled to false via a click event there's no exception.

Cheers,
Phil

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Philip,

Thanks for reporting this.  There is a bug in the default style for SyntaxEditor that is causing this that we have fixed for the next version.

As a workaround, instead of disabling the control, I would recommend that you set editor.Document.IsReadOnly = true.  That will still allow the user to move through the editor but they won't be able to alter it.  That's probably a better way to do this sort of thing anyhow.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Phillip Trelford

Thanks for the quick response, the suggested workaround worked for me, 

Cheers, Phil

The latest build of this product (v22.1 build 0365) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.