Best set of properties to determine DockingWindow visibility

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Andrew Hanlon
Version: 16.1.0631

Hello

What is the best set of bindable properties that would allow me to identify if a DockingWindow is currently 'visible' within the DockSite? My current thoughts are:  

dw.IsSelected && (dw.State != DockingWindowState.AutoHide || dw.IsActive)

Does that make sense? Am I missing any corner cases?

I don't know if this is a breaking change in any way, but I think it would make sense to set `IsSelected` to false for AutoHide windows that are currently hidden. That would allow `IsSelected` to be a universal indicator that the dockingWindow is currently visible in the DockingSite.

Thanks kindly.

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

Yes that is probably correct and I believe will handle everything other than you should also add "dw.IsOpen &&" to the start of it since IsOpen indicates if the window is in the layout at all.

We will update the IsSelected property in the next version when in auto-hide state to only return true if the popup is displayed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Andrew Hanlon

Thank you kindly! 

Posted 8 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren

That would help us too. Do you know when you are likely to release the next version?

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gareth,

We're not sure just yet but we can give you a preview build if you want to contact us via support address.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 13 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.