DocumentWindow Titlebar Visibility

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren
Version: 16.1.0631

Hi, in the new Docking/MDI framework I know you can change the visibility of the titlebar of a ToolWindow with the HasTitleBar property.

Is there a way that this can be applied to a DocumentWindow?

We have a requirement for each document to have it's title bar visibility toggleable so that the user can use the maximum content space in certain circumstances.

[Modified 8 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gareth,

DocumentWindows can only be displayed in tabbed MDI and those don't have title bars at all, which is why there isn't an option for them.  What specific title bar are you speaking of there?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren

Yes, I guess the correct terminology helps. I meant the document tab headers. Is there a way we could toggle the display of the tabs in a document or even better toggle the entire advanced tab control section, so that when it is not visible all the space used by it is reclaimed for the content?

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gareth,

There is an IsTabStripVisible property on TabbedMdiContainer and ToolWindowContainer but it's more for our internal usage when we need to hide the tab strip for auto-hide tool window containers.  ToolWindowContainer gets it automatically set, however I don't believe anything sets it on TabbedMdiContainer.  If you looked at the parent container for your document, you could set it to false.  The problem you have to look out for is that if new containers are generated via layout changes, they would have the property set to true.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 13 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.