Tear-off windows

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Version: 4.5.0483
We're attempting to enhance our multi-monitor system support by implementing "tear-off" windows that can be dragged to another monitor. Is there a feature within the Docking & MDI module that would allow us to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Well tool windows can be torn off from when they are in a docked state and moved to a second monitor. Is that what you mean?

Or are you talking about "standard MDI" windows in the document area being able to be torn off and moved to a second monitor?

Actipro Software Support

Sorry - wasn't very clear. I did mean the "standard MDI" windows.
Sorry, currently only tool windows have that functionality.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Cameron MacFarland - Senior Software Engineer, Orelogy Geotechnical
I'm currently interested getting this feature. Now that Visual Studio 2010 allows this, is this feature planned for release soon?

Thanks
Cameron,

Now that we're past the major 2009.1 release we're trying to knock out a few minor things and then are going to be updating some of our existing controls with new features. Docking/MDI is a product that has a lot of work planned, and this feature is something that is on our TODO list. I can't give you a date yet though.

Actipro Software Support

Are there any updates on this feature?

Thanks in advance!
While we have been enhancing Docking/MDI with other features lately we haven't added this particular one yet. We'll definitely blog about it when we get to it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Brian Rice
This is a feature that I would *really* like to see too.

- Brian
Development update for you all... We have floating documents mostly working here internally similar to VS 2010. It will probably be a cornerstone feature of WPF Studio 2009.2.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.