Posted 15 years ago by Art Grand
Version: 9.1.0505
I have an application that uses Actipro ribbons and docking controls, standard WPF controls such as text boxes, and some third party controls from another vendor. I want to give my customers the ability to customize colors, brushes, etc. The problem is that the various toolkits are using different resource keys. If I want to tell the customer how to change the rollover background brush for buttons, I have to tell him about three different resource keys, one for System.Windows.Controls.Button buttons, one for ribbon bar buttons, and one for buttons in the other 3rd party toolset. I would rather document one resource key that the user sets in app.xaml and then have some startup code in my app that propagates the setting to the appropriate resource dictionaries for the various tookits.

How do I do that with Actipro controls? Can I just store a value for the actipro resource key in the application resource dictionary? Or do I have to store it somewhere else?

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Art,

You can put resources in the App.xaml resources and have them override our default themes. So that will work with our controls. You also could probably do what you said and programmatically scan the resources there, clone them and store them using different keys for use in your other controls.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.