WPF Syntax Editor Single line mode?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Civa
Version: 9.1.0500
Hi all,
As you can from the title of this topic I would like to turn my WPF Syntax editor control into one-line editor just like I could with Syntax Editor for Windows forms but I'm missing some property or some method.

Is this possible with WPF Syntax editor?

Best regards,

Civa

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Civa,

Sorry that is still on the TODO list and is not available yet in the WPF version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Civa
Ok thank you very much!

Regards

Civa
Posted 15 years ago by Roland Patka - Software Engineer, MID GmbH
When will the WPF Syntax Editor in single line mode be available?

Or is there another possibility to use the Intellisense UI with a simple TextBox (for instance in an EditPanelControl)?

Best regards,
Roland
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately we can't give you a date on that mode yet. We have a lot of features that need implementing yet and are working as fast as possible on it. But things like parsing, finishing off XML language definition format, improving the Language Designer tool, outlining, etc. will likely have a higher priority than single line mode since those are more commonly used by customers.

While our UI primitives are available, you'd have to wire them all up if you wanted to use them externally. There may be some internal methods on the primitives too that prevent this but I haven't checked into that.

If single line mode is something you absolutely need now, we could be contracted at an hourly rate to get it done fast for you. When customers do this, we make the request a top priority. More info on that here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

E-mail us if that is something you'd like to inquire about.

We will get it done eventually since it certainly is a neat feature, but again, there are some higher priority items that need to be taken care of first.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Just FYI, per this blog post, single-line edit mode has been completed and is ready for the upcoming 2011.2 versions of SyntaxEditor for WPF/Silverlight:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2011/08/16/SyntaxEditor-Single-Line-Edit-Mode.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.