Single Line Mode and ScrollBar Visibility

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
Hey,

My company had a key available and I found this Syntax editor was perfect for the parsing and rendering of themed text that I need, however, I cannot hide the scrollbar. I cannot make the editors size grow with the text. I find these very basic UI design abilities essential and I cannot make use of your tool without them.

I see there is a single line mode in the win forms version. It also states on the feature list full scrollbar visibility control. I don't know if these things include the ability to make its size grow depending on the text within, but these things being left out of this version is very disappointing.

Is there anything you can recommend that would enable me to use your parsing and rendering backend with a control that has all of the abilities of a textbox as I've stated above?

-Cody

Comments (4)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Cody,

Unfortunately those features are still on the TODO list for the WPF version. Right now our top priority is getting the .NET Languages Add-on completed since it is our top-requested feature for SyntaxEditor. Once that is done we will get into implementing other miscellaneous features like single-line edit mode.

I know one customer mentioned in the past doing searches down the visual tree to hide the scrollbars however I'm not sure how much success they had with that. There probably isn't a way to tie up rendering to other external controls either.

If this is something you absolutely need now, we can always be hired to implement it (http://www.actiprosoftware.com/purchase/consultingservices.aspx). When customers contract us to do work, we make it our top new-development priority.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Magnus Fredriksson - iCore Solutions AB
Is the single line mode planned for any version?
Hi Matthias,

Yes it is planned however our top priority is finishing off enough features on the .NET Languages Add-on to bring it out of beta. We will be working on other features like single line mode after that.

Actipro Software Support

Just FYI, per this blog post, single-line edit mode has been completed and is ready for the upcoming 2011.2 versions of SyntaxEditor for WPF/Silverlight:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2011/08/16/SyntaxEditor-Single-Line-Edit-Mode.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 20 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.