XML Schema support in WPF editor

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Civa
Version: 9.1.0502
Hi all,

I have seen from the examples in Syntax Editor for Windows Forms that there is support for intellisense over XML Schema definition (I hope I did understand it's purpose quite well).So my following question is : Is something like that available in Syntax Editor for WPF and additionally is there possibility to create highlighting in XML language using this XML Schema definition or it is just for intellisense?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Civa

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Both WPF and WinForms contain free XML language definitions that do syntax highlighting for XML.

WinForms only currently has the Web Languages Add-on, which is an optional add-on product that implements an advanced XML language capable of automated IntelliPrompt, validation, and other features based on supplied XSDs. We will eventually get an add-on implemented in WPF that has similar functionality. We already have the DLLs stubbed out for it but need some more core framework features implemented in WPF before it's possible, such as parsing, grammars, outlining, etc. But things like the core parsing framework are almost ready to go for the next build. We've been making good progress on new feature areas.

The Winforms add-on doesn't do highlighting based on a schema, it does general XML highlighting. Perhaps you could give more detail on what you were looking for there.

Keep an eye on our blog for details on new SyntaxEditor capabilities and add-ons. We always post updates there.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Civa
I just wondered if there is functionality for highlighting in WPF Syntax Editor for XML language based on XSD since I noticed there is intellisense support.Thank you very much for the answer I'll keep eye on your blog.

Best regards,

Civa
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.