Anchor Dialog needs a "Browse" button

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 23 years ago by --
When in the design view, I highlight some text, then right click and select the Anchor item.

This dialog allows me to choose various types of links, but it would be nice to have a browse button, perhaps linked only to the http form, so as to navigate locally.

I use Spider Writer to develop files for HTML Help rather than inter- or intra- net code. While a browse button may not be so good for that style of coding, it really helps when putting together an HTML Help package.

When in the design view on the Anchor dialog, how do I remember whether the file is named "SpinnerDialog.htm" or "SpinnersDialog.htm"? In the Document source view, there is a files pane which allows me to look.

Just a thought.

Comments (3)

Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We also use Spider Writer to author the HTML Help files for our software. So what you want is for Spider Writer to scan through your document, searching for anchors such as:

<A NAME="anchorname">Text</A>

Then have it list those so that you can select from them?

This will be added to the list of requested features. Thanks for the suggestion!

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by --
Not entirely. What I want is to be able to browse through my local directory tree, rooted at the present file, so I can navigate and select a file of interest rather than trying to type and remember the exact filename.

Say my HTML Help project is located in H:\App\Help and I've got 400 .htm files there, many with similar names. When editing/creating a file to add an Anchor, I just want to be able to browse that list of files and select one into the edit box where the http:// currently is.

What you propose is also interesting, looking for anchors within the present document, but I'm looking for external anchors (filenames) in my case. Perhaps a radio button to distinguish between an internal or external anchor might be in order.
Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ok, what we'll probably do is use the Anchor tag dialog as the dialog that pops up for anchors in Design view. That already has what you're asking for. Right now, the Design view is using Microsoft's Anchor dialog that comes with the WYSIWYG editor control they make.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.