How to add a couple of HotKeys?

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 23 years ago by --
I've been using SpiderWriter for a couple of days and have been unable to locate or program a couple of (simple?) items. I should note that this is being done in WYSIWYG mode rather than HTML Text Editing mode.

There is a HotKey for Bold (Ctrl+B) and Strong (Ctrl+Shift+S), but apparantly no HotKey for returning to normal or regular text. (Nor can I find a place in the Customize list to allow for that.) How do I do that? (I suppose it would be sufficient to simply apply the appropriate endtag, however, the Ctrl+. doesn't seem to do the right thing either.)

Second, How can I add a HotKey for the <BR> tag? I see one for <WBR> (Soft Line Break), but there is again, no way to add a HotKey for <BR>, it seems.

[This message has been edited by aglosson (edited 12-07-2000).]

Comments (1)

Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Most of the commands available in Spider Writer can be customized from the Options/Customize window.

When in Design view, select text and press Ctrl+B to make it bold. You can select it again and press Ctrl+B one more time. This returns it to normal.

To insert a BR tag, the default hotkey is Ctrl+Enter. Enter this and then start typing. What you type in should appear on the next line.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.