Restore Down Tooltip

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Ray Huger
Version: 11.1.0545
I have been unable to change the tooltips "Minimize" "Restore Down" and "Close". For "Close" I have tried UIRibbonWindowTitleBarButtonCloseToolTip but that does not seem to work. I have the German Language Pack installed so I don't think the OS is walking on my tooltips.

If nothing else how can I suppress the tooltips?

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ray,

Remember that for things like that, you must change the strings in your app startup before any UI is referenced. Perhaps you are changing them after the UI has been loaded and thus they don't take effect.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Ray Huger
I am setting these as early as possible in the OnStartup of my Application class. Please comfirm the SRNAME string that should determine the Restore Down Tooltip.
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This code works in app startup when I tested:
ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SRName.UIRibbonWindowTitleBarButtonRestoreToolTip.ToString(), "Restore Test");
Please note that it will only affect our themed RibbonWindow title bar buttons. If you are using glass then the system renders the buttons and their tooltips instead and we don't have control over those.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 8 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.