Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
In the latest release, the restriction to have at least one pattern in a lexical pattern group was removed. However, when I clear all patterns programmatically, once I set isUpdating=false I get a strange error telling me that "language" is no longer set to an instance of an object. When I continue, my main form exits. I noticed in the last weeks that sometimes this happened before. Without apparent reason, the main app closed as if I chose "exit" (I even get asked whether I want to save child windows).

Is it possible that unhandled errors that take a syntaxeditor intrinsic object out of scope cause this behavior somehow?

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the email on how to repro. Setting IsUpdating to false wasn't updating the parser optimizations, thereby storing references to old patterns which may have been orphaned by your clear. I've got this fixed now and will probably send you a pre-release copy to test for a double-check.

It's possible that an unhandled exception could cause an app to crash. Hopefully once this fix is in place you won't see it any more.

[Modified at 07/20/2005 07:06 AM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Great! I'll stand-by and test your version as soon as it is available...
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.