Posted 19 years ago by BTAC Developer
I've got a Lexical Parser (though it still doesn't work with $) that I want to highlight things, but I wanted to give it a border. How can I do this? The <Style> element does not seem to support this functionality.

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Right now the highlighting styles don't support borders. You'd have to add a span indicator that draws borders in the DrawMarks method to achieve that.

Actipro Software Support

But I can see that the #region thing uses a lexical parser and has a border. How is this accomplished?
We have code that draws the outlining nodes specially, meaning the border is hard-coded for collapsed nodes.

Actipro Software Support

Where would I want to add code to try to emulate that? Could it be done in the PostParse method of the Semantic class?
Well our code is internal in the drawing methods. PostParse doesn't deal with drawing.

What Boyd did was to use custom span indicators to mark all the declaration areas (your original idea I believe). That is probably the same thing we'll do when we implement it. You can possibly use PostParse to iterate through tokens that were parsed to see if span indicators should be added/removed. Although I believe in Boyd's implementation he only hooked up to the KeyTyping and SelectionChanged events and got it working with those.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.