Highlighting certain text?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Karl Grambow
Is it possible to highlight (using BackColor) certain text elements?

For example, I want to be able to highlight certain sentences or occurrances of words. So I'd basically find the starting position of the sentence/word, and the end position, and hopefully highlight the given sentence/word.

If this isn't possible I could make use of being able to highlight an entire line on which such sentences occur, if that can be done.

Any tips on how either of these might be possible (assuming it is possible) would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes both of those things are possible.

To highlight a range, use span indicators. They will track with document modifications as well. With them you can assign custom higlighting styles, draw glyphs in the indicator margin, or draw other adornments over text like squiggle lines.

Also, each DocumentLine has a BackColor property you can set which highlights an entire document line with a certain color.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Karl Grambow
Thanks for the reply.

That's great news! This control does pretty much everything I need. And I'm impressed with the support and consideration you give your customers (and potential future customers, like myself). I'll be making that purchase now that my eval trial period is almost complete.

Thanks again,

Karl
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.