Minimize/Restore Resize

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
One of my users noticed that if they have one toolwindow on top of another. One would take up like 10% of the vertical space and other the rest. If they minimize then restore the app, the tool windows now take up 50% each. I looked around my code and didn't see anywhere I made this happen. Your sample form does not recreate this functionality. Is there a setting I have set on mistake that could make this happen?

thanks,
Jake

Comments (7)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jake,

There is code to evenly distribute the tool windows if they get too small but it should skip over that code if you have the form minimized. Let me know if you are able to repro in our sample app.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Bent Larsen
Hi,

I have the excact same problem. It seems like it only happens when the docking manager is placed in a user control, which is then placed in a form with other, non-dockable controls. If I place the dockmanager directly in a form, the problem does not exist.
When debugging the resize event during a minimize operation, I can see that the size of all my toolwindows is set to 0x0 in the first case, but not in the second.

Regards,
Bent
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bent,

We have code that checks the parent Form of the HostContainerControl (by a call to FindForm) to see if the Form is minimized and if so, it doesn't apply layout logic. Could you possibly throw together a tiny sample app and email it to us that shows this issue and we can debug it to see why it isn't working in your scenario? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the sample project demonstrating this. We have it fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Brent Podruzny
Hi, I was just wondering if you had a timeline on this fix. We are having the exact same problem and the layout of the docking control is the driving force fro the functionality of our application.
Thanks,
Brent
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Brent this was something that was fixed a year ago (2005). If you are experiencing something new that is similar to this, please ZIP up a small project that shows it and e-mail it over so that we can debug it. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the sample Brent. You had a UserControl as the host container in your MDI child window and we weren't processing that correctly. The next maintenance release now has more generic code that should handle any sort of situation like that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.