Error provider and back button

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Jeani
I am currently using wizard version 3.0.109.0. I created a wizard that uses some third party text editors. When validation on the controls is performed an errorprovider is displayed. My issue is when I get about two or three pages into the wizard, enter some bad data causing an errorprovider to display, then click the Back button without resolving the error. The next button ceases to function. I can continue to click the back button and return to previous pages but none of the Next buttons will function. My only way out of this situation is to close the wizard.

At the wizard level, I have the NextButtonCausesValidation property set to True and the BackButtonCausesValidation property set to False. Each control that can potentially have an errorprovider display has its own validating and validated event handlers. I have tried clearing the errorproviders in the BackButtonClick event for an individual page and this does not seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JP

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes we are aware of this and it seems to be an issue with Microsoft's internal code. We have actually duplicated this problem by making a simple project consisting of a couple UserControls with a TextBox on each, and Buttons to switch between them. One of the Buttons validates for text in the TextBoxes and the other doesn't. I can send it to you if you're interested (e-mail us for it). We're not sure how to work around this since it is a bug in the .NET framework.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.