Using dockManager on control stops _Load event

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Jason Coutermarsh
I am using a dockManager on a UserControl. The _Load event of the control does not get fired as long as a dockManager control is on the UserControl. I'm not sure if it matters, but the UserControl itself is added to a different dockManager on the programs main form. Is this a bug? Any workaround?

[Modified at 08/24/2005 08:23 PM]

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm not sure what could cause the Load event not to fire. We don't do anything to try and block it (I wouldn't even know how to do that). I know of other customers who have done a DockManager within a tool window of another DockManager though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Jason Coutermarsh
The UserControl is added to the Main form's dockManager programatically, not at design time. The UserControl is actually passed to the main from a dll. Do you know of anyone having success in this situation?
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm not sure as to the specifics of how they did it but I know I've gotten email in the past from one or two customers who were using a DockManager within another DockManager's tool window.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
This is something I've done, and there really weren't any tricks. I have DockManager controlling my main application, and I also have a DocumentWindow that gets loaded which also houses a DockManager control. I've done everything programmatically (other than adding the main DockManager control). All this code resides in the same DLL, but I can't see why that would matter.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.