Configuring header size in Wizard 2.0.80

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Bart Read - Red Gate Software Ltd
Hello there,

I am currently fixing a few minor bugs in the German version of one of our products. The product is already on the market in English, and uses the Actipro Wizard control 2.0.83.0. Upgrading to the latest version of this control is *not* an option since there are a number of breaking API changes which would cause us a significant amount of hassle to fix.

The problem is this. The German translations of some of the page descriptions are significantly longer, meaning that the page header is not tall enough to show all of the text. Thus some of the descriptions are truncated in the German version of the software, which is obviously not a good thing.

I know in the 3.x releases of the wizard control it is possible to set the height of the header via the renderer properties, however I cannot find a way to do this in the 2.0 release of the wizard control. Could you please let me know how to do this?

Many thanks,
Bart Read

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bart,

You could probably get around it by looking at the Wizard.Controls collection for a Panel and resizing the height of that. Then force a resize of the Wizard to layout the pages accordingly. Hopefully that will do it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Bart Read - Red Gate Software Ltd
Hi there,

Thanks for your response. We eventually decided that probably the easiest thing to do was to get back to the translators and ask them to come up with some slightly more concise descriptions. It does now mean that the German and English descriptions don't have quite the same content, although the substance is still the same. That however is a handy tip, so thanks.

I'm pleased to say though that we're now using the latest version of your wizard control in all our new products so the number of times we need to apply this slightly cheeky hack should be fairly limited.

Many thanks,
Bart
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.