Minor Issue with Document.ModifiedChanged event

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
The 'ModifiedChanged' event appears to reset itself inappropriately after an 'Undo' operation.

1) Open Sample Application
2) Insert a blank line (Notice the event displayed in the console that Document.Modified = 'True')
3) Save the file as anything. At this point, the 'Document.Modified' property should be 'False'.
4) Undo the operation from step 2. Our recently saved document has now been modified from it's saved state, but the console window displays 'Document.Modified = False')

This chain of logic as long as we don't save the document. When we save the document, it should reset the 'Modified' state. Even if I programmatically set 'Document.Modifed = False' after Step 3, I can't prevent this situation from happening.

Is there a way to "reset" the internal handling of modified states to create a new baseline for the undo operations?

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
There's no way to set a baseline right now. We need to somehow track with a specific modification whether it is a save point or not. I'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Adam Dickinson
Did this ever make it into a maintenance release? I'm on 3.1.203. Thanks.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes it appears to be fixed in a maintenance release since then.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.