InfoTips and IntelliPrompts

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
I'm using InfoTips and, occassionally IntelliPrompts within InfoTips.

To make my life easier I created an InfoTipItem class with various properties, one of which is an Optional MemberList relating to the memberlist of IntelliPrompts for a given InfoTipItem.

On the editor's SelectionChanged event, I then figure out if the caret is on a word that needs an InfoTip and IntelliPrompt, and if so I display the relevant IntelliPrompt from the above class.

The problem is that if move the caret using the mouse the IntelliPrompt always appears beneath the word and overlaps the InfoTip. If I move the caret using the arrow keys the IntelliPrompt appears above the word.

Is there a way to force the IntelliPrompt to appear above the current position?

Dim CurrentInfoTipItem as New InfoTipItem

'do various bits and pieces

'create a member list for later use
CurrentInfoTip.AddMemberList('various params)
'
'
'

Private Sub Editor_SelectionChanged(...)

'find the current offset and determine what Token lies there.

'if the token is one that needs an InfoTip, display relevant InfoTip

'If the current InfoTip has an IntelliPrompt, show it

CurrentInfoTip.oMemberList.Show()  '** if the selection_onchanged event was fired because of a mouse click, this IntelliPrompt shows up beneath the word. 

End Sub

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Karl,

There's code in there that should move a member list above the caret location is the info tip is displayed. What version do you have, and do you have the latest maintenance release?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
Quote:
if the info tip is displayed

You just gave me the answer with those 6 words.

I'm stupid. I was displaying the member list before I was displaying the infotip so the memberlist didn't know about the infotip.

Just changed my code so that displaying the memberlist is the last thing I do and it all works fine.

It's been a long weekend.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Great... I'm glad that solved the problem!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.