InfoTip and MemberListItem ToolTip Questions

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Carl Gilbert
Hi

How can I get the editor control to close the InfoTip on the ENTER key without writing custom code?

How can I get the Up/Down icons to show on the InfoTip? They are just showing as grey boxes.

How can I get the description tip to show on an IntelliPromptMemberListItem? I have set the desription property yet I can not get the tip to pop up when I navigate through the items in the list.

Regards, Carl Gilbert

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Carl,

For the ENTER key, we don't currently have an option for that. However you can handle the SyntaxEditor.KeyTyping event and if it is an ENTER key and the InfoTip is visible, simply hide it.

They should draw as grey boxes with arrows in them. I just tested it here and it works fine.

The description tips also appear to work fine here. Go to our C# sample and in an XML comment, type the "<" character. An XML comment tag list should appear and each one has description tips that show after a brief delay. They are set simply by specifying a Description property value. Remember that the Description value is XML formatted for special markups so if you have characters like < in there that should be displayed you need to escape the markup. We provide a EscapeMarkupText method on the IntelliPrompt class to do this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
It's worth noting that I've seen the "grey box" problem as well. Sometimes the black arrows simply do not draw in my InfoTip. I haven't been able to trace it down consistently, but it happens to me a lot too.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmmm... the code for the arrows comes right after the code for the box. However I did made a slight tweak just now so hopefully that will help prevent any issues in the future.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.