Posted 18 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
A couple of my users have noticed that if you create a Horizontal Tab Group then save a layout and bring it back the document area tool windows all end up in the same area. Could you give the option to save the document area groupings into the layout file?

thanks,
Jake

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We can probably try and do this. I do see one issue I could use your input on though. What if you have this scenario (where TW is a tool window and DW is a document window):
------
| TW |
------
| DW |
------
| TW |
------
When you save the layout, document windows are not saved because their lifetime is only while they are active. So in this situation we have 3 tab groups but only 2 would be saved to the layout file. Therefore if you restore the layout with a document open, the top TW will merge into the same group as the DW and bottom TW will make a second group. So you end up with this sort of thing:
---------
| TW/DW |
---------
| TW    |
---------
Is that ok for you?

Also what about the tab group sizes... do we just adjust the groups evenly on restore? Because as you can see you might save when there are 3 groups but restore to 2 groups, meaning all the tab group sizes will be different.

I appreciate your feedback.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
That sounds reasonable to me. Making the groups all the same size on restore would be fine by me, and probably make implementing the feature much simpler.

thanks.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Code has been added to the upcoming maintenance release to support this feature.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.