Updating Languages is Separate Document

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Ashton - Developer, Schema Solutions LLC
I am having some problems where I am changing the language tokens in a document and occassionaly it seems to cause a problem (probably due to large # of items I'm loading) and basically causes the SyntaxEditor window to just have a big red X (indicating sometype of error in paint).

In addition, it seems to prevent the user from typing for several seconds (depending on size of changes).

I was thinking about creating a second Document class and then loading the new language tokens into that document on a separate thread and then possibly saving that doc's language to a memory stream and then loading it back into the main document.

Do you see any issues in doing things this way or would you recommend doing things differently?

Thanks,

Ashton

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Accessing SyntaxEditor from a second thread right now will probably cause some issues if you are changing Tokens while they are painting. However if you do your parsing work on a separate thread and then do the loading of the parsed data in the main thread, that might work.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.