Retrieving the previous token

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by Marianne
When a trigger fires (for a '.', for example) I'm looking for the previous word. Using:
Editor.Document.CurrentView.GetPreviousToken().Text simply returns '.'. Wouldn't that be the current token? How can I retrieve the actual previous token without using the old 'EndOffset - 2' method?

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Technically after you type in a "." the caret is after the dot so the dot really is the previous token. To get the one before it, you would want to probably get a TextStream for the current offset - 2 as you said. Then look at its CurrentToken property. With a TextStream, if you need to iterate further back you just call GoToPreviousToken so it's a great way to do Token navigation.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by Marianne
In addition to specifying a token type to move to, would it also be possible to overload GoToPreviousToken() to accept an int to move back (or forwards) x number of tokens. Otherwise, if I want to move backwards three tokens, I need to call that method three times.

Thanks.

------------------------------- Marianne

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
New overloads for GoToNextToken and GoToPreviousToken will be in the next maintenance release that accepts the number of tokens to move as a parameter.

[ 05-03-2004: Message edited by: Actipro Software Support ]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.