DockManager.BackgroundImage

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Ernesto Serrano - Software Developer, VyS Yecla S.L.
Is in the TODO the possibility to set a background image in DockManager? When no TabbedDocuments are opened this image is shown, I can do this manually by adding a picturebox, but using it directly in DockManager is an interesting option...

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernesto,

Good news, you can do that right now. Just go to the DockManager's DockRenderer property and set the TabbedMdiRootContainerBackgroundFill to an image background fill. With the latest release you even have options for tiling the image or stretching it!

Actipro Software Support

I can't find the TabbedMdiRootContainerBackgroundFill in the DockRenderer property of my DockManager, can you post a sample code?

I'm checking the v1.5.0041 release

Thanks!
I'm sorry, I don't selected a Control-Specific DockRenderer, I selected one and now I can show a backgroundImage, but I need to show this image with it's original size, no tile or stretch, is this possible?

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The ImageBackgroundFill class currently requires the area to be completely drawn since there is no BackColor to fill the rest of the control.

However the good news is that our rendering is very flexible and there are two ways to do what you want.

1) Create a new BackgroundFill class that inherits BackgroundFill and draws the background how you want. Then set it to that DockRenderer property.

OR

2) Create a class that inherits whichever DockRenderer you like and override DrawTabbedMdiRootContainerBackground to draw the background how you'd like.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.