TabStripPage selection in VS2005

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Gareth - Director, Slyce Software Limited
I am unable to select individual TabStripPages in the VS2005 design view. When I click a tab no visual effect takes place to show selection, and I am not able to add any child controls to the TabStripPage. At runtime it works as expected. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gareth.

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Gareth,

I just tried it in the VS 2005 RTM designer and it worked fine. Keep in mind that tab selection only takes place if you've already selected the TabStrip control. So say focus is on another control. You click once to give focus to the TabStrip. Then again to select a tab now that the TabStrip has focus. That was probably your problem.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Gareth - Director, Slyce Software Limited
It works when you initially place it on the design surface (I am placing it on a user control). It only becomes unresponsive after using it for a while: setting properties, adding controls, running the app etc. The only way to work with it again is to close down the form / user control and re-open it. It then remains responsive for a while then once again becomes unresponsive. I am using VS 2005 Pro (RTM).

Thanks,
Gareth.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.