System.ComponentModel.LicenseException!!!

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Rommel Edwards
Hi all,

I just installed the Actipro .NET control and I can't even run the demo VB projects that come with it. I've entered the license info exactly as it was emailed to me but this seems to make no difference.

I do notice tho, that my licence key (according to the email) goes like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX, the last section only contains four characters instead of five, is this normal?

My licenses.licx file contains the following info: ActiproSoftware.Wizard.Wizard, ActiproSoftware.Wizard, Version=3.0.111.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d00326104f1b454d

The demo apps die with the following message: "An instance of type 'System.Reflection.Assembly' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'ActiproSoftware.Wizard.Wizard'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information."

The error occurs at the statement: MyBase.New() in MainForm.vb.

Help please! :-(

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rommel,

It's generally best to email us with licensing issues because we can work better with your situation in private.

But if you installed the full release of Wizard and entered the Licensee and License Key exactly as specified in our license email, you should not get any popups to show in our sample project. That's how you generally know if you entered things correctly during install. Most people who have problems at that stage put in the correct License Key but not the correct Licensee. Please reinstall and verify that you did both correctly.

And yes the four characters instead of five is by design.

If you continue to have issues after that, send us an email and we can work with you further.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Rommel Edwards
As I humbly return to the forum with my tail between my legs :-)

Thanks for the reply. During setup, I had entered my "licensee" info in the "Full Name" field and left the "Licensee" field blank. Ok, project now runs, and I'm a happy (and slightly embarrassed) camper again! hehe!

And now for the 2.0 to 3.0 upgrades ........ *bites nails*
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Great... glad you got it working.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.