Crash in VS2005 on startup

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by John Mancine
I just installed visual studio 2005, after having used the beta2 for several months. The first thing that happened was Actipro through an exception. The information is as follows:

"The control ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.ToolWindowContainer has thrown an unhandled exception in the designer and has been disabled

Exception: reference not set to instance of an object

Stack Trace:
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.ToolWindowContainer.MeasureCore(Graphics g, Size availableSize)"

I'm going to keep looking at this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem after switching to the release version of 2005?

** Update: It's worth noting that my application actually compiles and appears to run fine (actipro UI windows seem ok), but if I go into the designer I get the same above messages several times.

Thanks,
John

[Modified at 12/15/2005 07:16 PM]

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John,

Before we look more in depth, do you have the latest maintenance release? I know we've worked on things like this in the past.

Actipro Software Support

I looked for a new release but my release was 1.5 and the current appears to be the same. Where can I find the maintenance release? When I look at my organization info it says:
"This version you purchased is the latest version."

Is this not the case?

Thanks,
John
You need to look at the build number in the version. 1.5.0041 is the current latest so look at the About popup or the readme file on your system to see what you have. If you have an older one, download this build from Customer Relations and try that out. The latest build number is always posted all over our web site.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, it appears that I had version .36 so grabbing the latest version seems to have fixed the problem.

Is there somewhere I can sign up to be notified when a new build is released? I seem to get notifications about new versions of the SyntaxEditor but looking at my past emails, I did not receive an email about this latest build.

Thanks for the great support!
Hi John,

We do mailings typically for major releases or major bits of company news but not for every build release. The best way to keep track of what new builds come out are to either visit our site (our main .NET products page and the Customer Relations welcome page both list the latest build numbers as well as the pages for each product), or hook up with the RSS newsfeed we provide. We upgrade that with every new build as well.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.