CodeSnippet invoked via IntelliPrompt

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Jason Whitted - Owner, Etalisoft, LLC
I have an idea I'd like to try to implement, but I'm not sure if it is possible currently?!

I have the IntelliPrompt.MemberList show when when the user types "(", but I'd like to automatically insert a CodeSnippet if they choose one of the items from the list. I don't see any events to show if/when an IntelliPromptMemberListItem is selected though.

Is this doable? If not, could we possibly get access to an IntelliPromptMemberListItemSelected event?

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jason,

There are a bunch of IntelliPromptMemberListXXX events. If you want to do this when a list item is selected and finally chosen to close the list (recommended), use IntelliPromptMemberListClosed. Otherwise you can use IntelliPromptMemberListSelectedItemChanged which fires while the list is still up and a different selection is made.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, I saw those events; however, the Closing / Closed events fire even if the MemberList was not used (for example: when the user presses ESC). I need to know when the user utilized the MemberList to modify the document.
Ah, I just figured it out. I wasn't looking at the Cancel property of the CancelEventArgs. Thanks for your help!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.