Posted 18 years ago by Barry Ahrens - Member of Technical Staff, Teledyne Scientific
Is there a way to draw text in the selection margin?

Additionally, is there a way to draw text or override the line number in the line number margin?

I am trying to create 4 left-hand columns. I will used the indicator margin for 1-2 columns, but I need additional columns. The selection margin would work best because of its location.

Thanks very much!

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Barry,

Actually in our latest release we just added a user margin which is left of the text and will let you draw whatever you want on it. So you can draw multiple columns in it if you'd like.

It also lets you track mouse downs and mouse hovers.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Barry Ahrens - Member of Technical Staff, Teledyne Scientific
That's wonderful! When is the latest release available?
Actually it's out now. In our 3.1.0203 version's sample project, check the Window / User Margin Visible to see a demo of it. If you turn on word wrap you can see other glyphs drawn in the sample as well.

Actipro Software Support

In v.3.1.0203, the User Margin is great! Is there a way to create a TOOL TIP for the margin in each line?

Thanks!
Glad you like it! Yes, the UserMarginMouseHover is used for that.

In what we're doing for v4.0, we're making a single mouse hover event that gives you detailed information on exactly what the mouse is over (token, user margin line, indicator area, etc.) so that it's really open ended.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.