Multi-select in the MemberList?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by shark92651
I have a need to multiselect items in the MemberList. I also would need an event that would allow me to inspect the selected items and manipulate the text to be inserted into the editor. This would be very useful for the type of work our Editor performs which allows the user to build SQL queries. Here is an example:

The user types:

SELECT CUSTOMER.

I then present a list of columns for the CUSTOMER table. If the user could multiselect columns and then press enter, the text when then look something like this:

SELECT CUSTOMER.CUSTID, CUSTOMER.NAME, CUSTOMER.CITY, CUSTOMER.STATE

I would need an event to allow me to manipulate the text so that I could insert the table name or alias, commas, any quoting or escaping of odd characters in the names, etc...

Of course, we still need the existing funcationality that allows the user to type the value and auto-complete feature is that is their preference.

If you could get this functionality into the next release it would be great.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks, I'll add this to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
That's a great idea. I definately see how it would be beneficial for SQL statements and could think of some other applications as well.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.