How To in SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by painetraine
First, I have a question about how to do something.

1. Is there an event that fires whenever the lines displayed in the editor change either through the user scrolling with the mouse or using the arrow/pgdn/pgup/etc. keys? I have two editors side-by-side that I want to try and keep in sync (line # 1 in editor A should match up with line # 1 in editor B, etc.)

Also, I saw the previous post on custom line numbering. Is there anyway when you implement this to go a step further and allow no line # to be displayed for a line?

ie., I would like to have a line numerbing scheme in some instances that would resemble the following:

With the empty lines not having any line number and then having the next line requiring a # to have the next # in line. Using the current object model, if you added a property to the DocumentLine class called something like "IncludeInNumerbering" and allow me to set it to true/false then the editor could only # lines that were set to true. I think this should handle my case and the other post where they wanted #s to go in a non-next-integer type format.

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We do have the scrolling events on our TODO list. There currently isn't one. Although I believe in a previous post (it may be in the old general support forum) someone hooked into the vertical scrollbar control's events that handled it that way.

For the line numbering, the line numbers currently are the index of the line plus one. When that gets implemented we will allow you to specify that no number be diplayed on a line but it might require you to develop custom logic to set the number of the other lines so that they run sequentially as in your sample.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.