Posted 20 years ago by painetraine
I tried to copy something to the clipboard from SyntaxEditor and got the following message:

"The requested clipboard operation failed."

Here is the stacktrace:

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ThrowIfFailed(Int32 hr)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Actions.CopyToClipboardAction.Execute(EditActionContext context)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Document.ExecuteEditAction(EditAction action, Selection selection)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Document.ExecuteEditAction(EditAction action)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.ProcessCmdKey(Message& m, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)\r\n at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r\n at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at msSQLed.Start.Main() in c:\\development\\mssqled\\mssqled\\start.cs:line 723

All I did was load a file, double click on some text to highlight it and then pressed Ctrl+C and got the above exception.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Which version of SyntaxEditor do you have? That is a bug in the .NET framework that we've added code to try and get around in our latest releases.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by painetraine
I have 102. I thought that was the latest build. Is there a newer build available?

Thanks
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Darn, we had implemented code in build 102 to try and catch that exception. It must be getting thrown a second time. For build 103 (to be released soon), we have added more try...catch code that should help.

This exception really is an annoying bug in .NET. It seems like the first time you send a custom object to the clipboard in a .NET app, the framework sometimes raises that exception for no known reason.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.