ToolWindow appears and dissapears endlessly

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Slava
UIStudio 2.0.60, .Net 2.0, Win 2000

We encountered the following problem using UIStudio library:
sometimes when the mouse is over a hidden tool window tab that tool window starts appearing and dissapearing endlessly. Is this a known bug? Is there a way to get rid of this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
No this is not a known bug. Can you tell us how to reproduce it in our sample project? We'd like to get a fix in the upcoming maintenance release for this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Slava
I have tried to reproduce this bug on the sample project but it did work out. Also I have noted that endless appearing and dissapearing occures only for one window. Other windows don't behave in the same way. That tool window contains property grid control. It flickers only when the PropertyGrid control is filled with properties...

Seems like it's not a bug of UIStudio, because only one window behaves this way.

But anyway I would like to ask you: why can a ToolWindow flicker(appear/dissapear)? How can it depend on its contents? Maybe you can give some hint.

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The only thing that should cause it to change like that is if you are clicking during a transition off and on the tab. Are you doing any kind of Application.DoEvents call in your code either? I wonder if something like that could cause this.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.