Problems with the License

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by John Labadie
Hi,

We have a developer's license for Actipro Software on one machine and we have been able to succesfully distribute a compiled project containing Actipro's Code Editor until recently. I have made no changes to any license information connected to the Code Editor but now the proper permissions are not being passed into our VB.NET setup program. When users download our program and attempt to access the Code Editor, it brings up an error message saying their evaluation version has expired.

Since this was working previously I'm unsure as to what the problem could be. Do you have any suggestions on how we can resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Joy

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi there, I'd recommend reading through the Licensing FAQ on our support web site. It sounds like your licensing information is not being compiled into your application. 99% of the time, this is due to your project's licenses.licx file not being set up correctly. The Licensing FAQ walks you through how to set up that file.

If you read through all that and it doesn't help, please email us and we can work with you further to figure out the problem.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.