Feature request: 'previous line' indentation

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Joris Koster - Paragon Decision Technology
Would it be possible to smart/auto-indent using the same number of (white)spaces as in the previous line?
For example when manually indenting using 3 spaces then, on the next line, smart/auto-indenting will aswell indent using 3 spaces. When then manually indenting 6 spaces extra, then on the next line the smart/auto-indenting will indent using the total of 9 spaces.

thanks in advance,
Joris

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Joris,

We are going to try and improve indentation for version 4.0 to make it more customizable. I'll write this down on the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
It's worth noting that you can manually implement this on your own using the current version of SyntaxEditor. You can responding to the 'Typing' event to detect when someone presses the enter key and then modify the document to include the number of spaces from the previous line.
Posted 18 years ago by Joris Koster - Paragon Decision Technology
Thanks for the suggestion, I already did that before posting here :), but I figured it might be a nice feature to have inside the editor aswell (being an extension of the indentation-enum).
Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Great. Glad you got it working. I definately agree that it would be a nice feature. Good idea!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.