Small code snippet bug

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by shark92651
It would be nice if the CodeSnippetFolder supported an empty folder, i.e. one with no actual CodeSnippets within it. The reason I need this as our application has a window in which the user can create their own code snippet folders and snippets. The user can also move snippets from one folder to another. It is quite common for a user to create a folder which does not contain any snippets. When the user requests snippets, we use the CodeSnippetFolder() constructor which loads up all the snippets. It appears that by default it is hiding (or removing) all folders that do not contain snippets. This leads to confusion when the user cannot find their folder. It would be ok if the empty folder was not displayed when browsing the folders within the editor, I just need the empty folder to exist so that I can properly display it to the user when working with my code snippet manager window.

Regards,
David

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ok, this is changed for the next maintenance release. It will load empty folders but still not display them in the member list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.