UI Customize menu dialog useability

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Colin Blakey - Application Development Manager, Vertex Inc
As a new user to UI Studio but an old user of Visual Studio would it be possible to make the Customize menu dialog sizeable so that we can resize it to see all the properties on the Commands tab at one time. Also if at all possible could the properties have th option to be shown in alphabetic order as well as categorized as I for whatever reason seem to be able to see properties better sort in alphabetic as opposed to categorized order.

Comments (6)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Colin,

Not in the built-in form but we included the full source code for the BarCustomizeForm in the C# sample project. You can use that and customize it however you'd like so that you could add all those features you mentioned. We tried to design the bar controls so that they are open ended for how you want to present the user interface.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Colin Blakey - Application Development Manager, Vertex Inc
I guess I wasn't clear enough about which customize menu dialog.
The customize menu dialog I was asking about is the one used from the VS designer when you right click on the BarManager control and select customize to setup the menu's toolbars and commands.

Hope thats clearer

[Modified at 03/21/2006 03:36 PM]
Hi Colin,

Ahh, I see. I've changed the designer Customize dialog so that it is sizable now for the next release. As for changing how the commands are arranged, that probably will stay the same for now since most people like the categorization. Thanks for the suggestions.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
You might want to consider adding a virtual category called "All Commands" that shows any alphabetical list of everything. This would keep the UI the same and still provide the functionality requested.
Ok, added that. Should it be the default?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I think it makes sense for it to be the default. If you have 10 categories, there's only a 10% chance that you'll find the command you want in the default list. If "All Categories" is the default, then your command will also be in the list.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.