+-------------+
How do I add a new toolwindow here:
+=============+
| new | empty |
| tw  |  MDI  |
|-------------|
| toolwindow  |
+-------------+
toolwindow.DockTo(this.dockManager1, DockOperationType.LeftInner); adds it to the left, so this is not right:
+=============+
|     | empty |
| new |  MDI  |
| tw  |-------|
|     |  tw   |
+-------------+
[Modified at 04/03/2006 03:10 PM]

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I always love seeing good ASCII art! :)

Anyhow, I used left-inner docking and got it to work ok in our sample. I wired up the Help/About menu item to execute this:
markupLabelToolWindow.DockTo(dockManager, DockOperationType.LeftInner);
Then I ran our DockForm sample, closed all the tool windows except the Events one (on the bottom) and pressed Help/About. It docked as you wanted it to, on the inner side of the MDI area. Do you see different results?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Alfred Chan
how?

leftinner results in the toolwindow docked at full-height, rather than above the existing toolwindow...
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Left inner did not do full height for me. Can you give me code steps to duplicate the issue in our sample project? Then I can debug what is going wrong in your situation.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Alfred Chan
Nevermind. I was being an idiot. It was skipping that part of the code because I had a bad "if" clause. So it was using the default docking location, which puts the window on the left at full-height.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.