Posted 18 years ago by Kasper
Hi ActiPro,

Sorry for all the questions these days hehe :)

I'm trying to save the state of my BarManager by using the SaveBarLayoutToFile() method, but for some reason, it does not seem to work. It doesn't save it all, in fact it stops right in the process of writing a Command. This, of course, leaves me with an invalid XML file. Now, the funny part is that it doesn't seem to be a random location it stops, it's exactly at 4 kb (4096 bytes). Am I missing something here? :)

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm... I'm thinking we need to add a Flush() call to the XML writer before we close it. It must be a large layout you're saving. We'll get this in for the next maintenance release.

In the meantime, try using the DifferentialBarLayoutData property which gives you an XmlDocument. You can serialize the contents of that to a file until the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Kasper
Hi,

Actually, my current layout is kinda small, probably smaller than the one used in the demo app. I have perhaps 5 toolbars, a couple of popups and perhaps 20 or 30 commands. I hope that UIStudio supports much more than this, since I'm sure that my needs will be perhaps 3 or 4 times as big as this?

I will try the DifferentialBarLayoutData a bit later to see how it works, or just wait for the maintenance release, since it's no rush at the moment :)
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you'd like to try a preview of the next maintenance release with the code change, send us an email and we can send you the link.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.