64 bit OS support

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by ins7000
Was the product ever tested on a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or any other 64 bit platform?

I'm getting licensing warnings (Version 3.0.0112, using Shared 1.0.0076 - Evaluation Release), but it's inconsistent.

Cannot really reproduce, one day the solution compiles fine, the other day I get ActiPro Wizard licensing warning each 10 minutes.

We had same issues with other 3rd party controls on 64 bit OS before, and the fix for those was pretty easy, when the control is installed on 32 bit OS it creates a registry key or set of keys under HKLM\Software\..., same control installed on 64 bit OS will put these keys under HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\... So all you need to do is copy these keys from Wow6432Node to the Software.

I’ve done same thing for ActiPro, but still wondering if anybody else had this issue or maybe there is a hot-fix?

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Our InstallShield version that we currently use doesn't support 64-bit registry keys. However we have already completed conversion of our products from .NET 1.0 / InstallShield to a new automated build process that builds .NET 2.0 native code with WiX for the install.

If you'd like to try the new build (still unreleased and may change before final release), send us an email. It should be a stable build, we just might tweak a couple things before final release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Richard Mitchell
I'm also having an issue compiling on server 2003 x64. Always saying I have an evaluation release. I'm using ActiproSoftware.Wizard 3.0.123.

Is there now a solution to this?

Richard
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes in more recent builds we worked on adding 64-bit machine support. Download the latest maintenance release from your Organization Purchases and that should fix it. Remember to update your licenses.licx entries too as specified in the Licensing FAQ.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Richard Mitchell
Thanks that seems to have fixed it.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.