BUG? with addreflectionfortypemembers

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by karl - Senior Software Architect, Shelltools, LLC
i'm using syntax editor 3.1.203 (and just downloaded and tried 3.1.204, and i've come across a possible bug

IntelliPromptMemberList mems = editor.IntelliPrompt.MemberList;
mems.Clear();
string mine = "hello";

mems.AddReflectionForTypeMembers(mine.GetType(), IntelliPromptTypeMemberFlags.Methods | IntelliPromptTypeMemberFlags.Properties);
MessageBox.Show(mems.Count.ToString());

the messagebox shows 0.. there are NO methods or properties added. and i've tried this on a variety of types.

this (as well as the code in your C# example, fails. it seems this method always returned no members.
its just hte other namespacewithtypes that returns values, which works godo for types, static members and the like, but i really need to be able to get the methods and properties of a known type. I'm wondering if this is a bug or whether i just don't understand the control well enough.

b.t.w
I just love the control, you guys have done such a good job, especially in thinking out the class hyrachies and relationships..

Karl

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Karl,

Check out the documentation topic "SyntaxEditor General Features / IntelliPrompt Member List" in the "Using the AddReflectionForTypeMembers Helper Method" section. That describes the types of flags that must be specified for you to get results.

I can see that you are not specifying an access level flag or instance/static flag in your sample above. That will resolve the problem.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by karl - Senior Software Architect, Shelltools, LLC
sorry for wasting your time, i had deleted the static flag (figuring the Method, Property flags would be enough and i didn't want static stuff in that case.)

my bad.
The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0342) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.