DockManager causes exception after upgrade

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Christopher Withington
Hi,

I purchased UIStudio v 1.5 (Current Version: UIStudio 1.5.0039, WinUICore 1.0.0074) some time ago and all went well.

However, recently I bought a new development machine and reinstalled. I was going to evaluate the new version 2 (Current Version: UIStudio 2.0.0062, WinUICore 1.0.0077), so installed the trial of that first. This got me a "System.OutOfMemoryException in System.Windows.Forms: Error Creating Window handle" as the program initiallised (during a ToolWindow.ResumeLayout() call generated by the Visual Studio designer).

I decided to drop back down to the old version, as I didn't have time to mess around. I installed the evaluation version for a while (Current Version: UIStudio 1.5.0039, WinUICore 1.0.0074), which worked fine as my original code had. But when I upgraded to my previously purchased version, I got the System.OutOfMemoryException again!

Both machines have been Windows XP Pro with .NET 1.1.

I'm a bit stumped, as this seems to be a problem internal to UIStudio DockManager.

Any suggestions on getting this sorted out?

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christopher,

I haven't heard of that happening and the same core docking framework has been in place for most of the UIStudio lifetime. I'm wondering if it's something your app that is causing it. Could you possibly send us a small test project that shows the problem? That way we can debug it into our assemblies to try and figure out what's wrong. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Christopher Withington
I tried making a test project to repeat the behaviour and found that it works find outside of my app. I began to suspect you were right and as I drilled down into the exception object, I found that it was indeed my app causing the exception.

I'm still not sure why I was getting away with it in the initial trial version, but I have since fixed the code and everything is fine.

Thanks for the quick reply... now I'll see what version 2 has to offer!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Great, I'm glad you located the problem!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.