BarPopupButtonCommand Display Question

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
I noticed that a BarPopupButtonCommand does not display the small down arrow glyph if the display style for the associated CommandLink is set to anything other than TextOnly. I expected the glyph to always show since there is a subordinate menu, regardless of the Display Style setting on the CommandLink. Is this by design? It seems inconsistent with this type of button's behavior in Mirocsoft products such as Visual Studio or Office applications.

I've also noticed that tooltips do not display on commandlinks that have the DisplayStyle property set to ImageandText. I expected them to show, regardless of the display style.

I'm using WinXP, .Net 2.0, and UIS 2.0.0062. The behavior is the same in version 2.0.0070 for .Net 2.0.

Thanks.

[Modified at 04/30/2006 07:12 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We originally always displayed the arrow but changed it to match Office, since Office doesn't display arrows for image-only popup buttons. There is an IBarRenderer.PopupButtonLinkArrowStyle property that controls the display of the arrow. You can change that to make it how you'd like it to be.

Actipro Software Support

Excellent, Thanks. I'll check it out.
The PopupButtonLinkArrowStyle did exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Do you know why the tooltips don't display on commandlinks that have the DisplayStyle property set to ImageandText?

Thanks... Rick
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Good call Rick... it wasn't showing tooltips if the text was displayed. This is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.