Program only runs on development PC

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Stephen Curle
When trying to run an application on a PC other than my development PC I get the following message when trying to open a form containing the syntax editor control. This doesn't happen when running the application on the development PC. Can anyone explain what I need to do to prevent this from happening.

'The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'ActiproSoftware.Shared' does not match the assembly reference'

Comments (6)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Stephen,

This is defintely a .NET assembly binding situation. It should work fine if you use the assembly version mentioned in the Readme. I believe the 3.1.203 shared assembly is build 76 but double-check the Readme at the top.

When you deploy, are you placing all three of our assemblies (the proper Shared/WinUICore versions) in the same folder as your application executable? That's all you should need to do.

Also, out of curiosity do you perhaps have any assemblies in the GAC on your test PC?

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the reply. The following 3 assemblies are in the application folder

Shared.dll - v1.0.76.0
WinUICore.dll - v1.0.76.0
SyntaxEditor.dll - v3.1.203.0

The first time I installed the application it was using versions 1.0.77.0 for Shared & WinUICore but changing to 1.0.76.0 as above has made no difference and I'm still getting the same error message. Are the above assemblies not correct ?

I don't have any assemblies in the GAC in the test PC.

[Modified at 04/30/2006 08:54 AM]
What happens if you compile and then copy our sample project's bin folder to the test PC? Does it run ok?

Actipro Software Support

No. Get 'File or assembly name...not found' exception.

Then tried copying Shared.dll & WinUICore.dll versions 1.0.76.0 to application folder and this produces same error mentioned in first post ('The located assembly's manifest definition ...)

Any other ideas?

Further to the above. I don't know if this is relevant or not (I suspect not), but since downloading the syntax editor control, I have downloaded the wizard control.

[Modified at 04/30/2006 11:49 AM]
That's what I'm wondering... are the two builds conflicting with the Shared/WinUICore versions since that's the only think I can think of.

Make sure you get the latest SyntaxEditor and Wizard then. Because I believe the Wizard you downloaded more recently probably uses a newer Shared than the SyntaxEditor build 203. Build 204 of SyntaxEditor uses the same Shared as the latest Wizard. So make sure you have the latest of both and do a Rebuild Solution in your product. I bet that will fix it.

Actipro Software Support

Solved problem by setting 'Copy Local' to True. Hadn't realised this was False (I assume this property normally defaults to True as I haven't had to change it for other components.)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.