Inherited Form keeps saving despite no changes

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by SR
Hiya

I have a Windows Control Library which contains a number of my usercontrols and a wizard form (inherited from WizardDialogForm). The wizard form has a number of pages, each of which contain one of my controls sited therein.

Every time I open the wizard form in the VS2005 IDE, when I close it I am asked by the IDE if I want to save changes - although no changes have been made.

Sometimes, but not always, I am asked if I want to save the resx and Licences.licx as well.

It's bizarre

Any ideas? Thanks

SR

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I have seen this sort of behavior too. Even if you just open some Wizard forms, it will flag that changes were made. I don't believe this happened in the previous VS versions.

I'm wondering if since Wizard is a licensed component, VS 2005 has new code that updates the licenses.licx file upon opening of the form more often that in previous versions. Unfortunately from a developer perspective, it's difficult to know what is causing the change, especially since the Undo command is disabled upon opening of the form. Normally if it was a property change or control change, the undo would tell us exactly what caused the change but in this case it appears to be a VS 2005 designer quirk. Chalk it up to another VS 2005 designer oddity... there are plenty of them.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.